ESA Telecommunications & Integrated Applications ESA Telecommunications & Integrated Applications
- ESA experiences COP27 using a space-empowered metaverseon November 15, 2022 at 6:06 pm
ESA has created a space-inspired virtual environment to enable its workforce to experience the COP27 climate summit – which is being held in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt – without the environmental cost of travelling.
- What is ESA’s Moonlight initiative?on November 9, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Video: 00:03:21 Going to the Moon was the first step. Staying there is the next ambition.ESA is a key partner in NASA’s Artemis programme, which aims to return people to the Moon by the end of the decade. Dozens of other international public and private missions are setting their sights […]
- Beam-hopping JoeySat has shippedon November 9, 2022 at 6:56 am
An advanced broadband satellite that can offer high-speed internet connectivity anywhere on Earth is ready to enter its final assembly ahead of launch.
- First small geostationary HummingSat soldon November 8, 2022 at 9:04 am
Satellite operator Intelsat has placed an order for the first small geostationary “HummingSat” developed as part of ESA’s efforts to support fast, dynamic and agile private space firms in Europe.
- Reprogrammable OneSat on track for successon October 21, 2022 at 7:14 am
The OneSat family of geostationary software-defined telecommunications satellites has passed its first qualification review.
- First Eurostar Neo satellite launchedon October 15, 2022 at 6:37 am
The first satellite to be built under ESA’s Eurostar Neo programme has launched.
- ESA’s programme of Advanced Research in Telecommunications Systems (ARTES) 4.0on September 14, 2021 at 4:04 pm
Video: 00:04:01 Satellite communication underpins everyday life, enabling fundamental improvements not just in communication, but also in transport, healthcare, safety and security, environmental services and many other industries. ESA and its member states invest more than €500 million […]
- Timelapse of Eutelsat Quantum launchon September 2, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Video: 00:03:42 Experience the preparation and launch of telecommunications satellite Eutelsat Quantum by watching this unique timelapse video.Developed under an ESA Partnership Project with satellite operator Eutelsat and prime manufacturer Airbus, Eutelsat Quantum has pioneered a new […]
- Eutelsat Quantum: Europe’s reprogrammable satelliteon July 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Video: 00:04:12 Eutelsat Quantum was launched into a geostationary orbit on board an Ariane 5 from Kourou. This advanced telecommunications satellite is revolutionary as it offers its users the ability to reconfigure the satellite while in orbit. This offers a previously unknown degree of […]
- Lunch with the Moonon May 27, 2021 at 10:30 am
Video: 03:32:49 For the first time in more than three years, on 26 May 2021, a total lunar eclipse coincided with a supermoon. The ‘super blood moon’ was unfortunately only visible across Australia and parts of the US and East Asia. But ESA, in cooperation with the Australian science […]