ESA Telecommunications & Integrated Applications ESA Telecommunications & Integrated Applications
- First Eurostar Neo satellite reaches operational orbiton March 29, 2023 at 8:32 am
The first Eurostar Neo satellite built under ESA’s Neosat Partnership Project has completed its electric orbit raising to reach its geostationary position some 36 000 kilometres above Earth.
- Italian airline signs up for space-enabled flightson March 8, 2023 at 9:00 am
Passengers flying on Italy’s national carrier ITA Airways will experience fewer flight delays and greener travel thanks to pilots being able to use satellites to route their planes.
- Space helps everyone stay connectedon February 27, 2023 at 11:34 am
Keeping connected always to everyone and everything whether in remote areas or travelling by car, boat or plane is crucial in today’s digital world.
- ESA invites space firms to create lunar serviceson February 27, 2023 at 11:24 am
ESA is inviting private space companies in Europe and Canada to create a shared commercial telecommunication and navigation service for lunar missions by putting a constellation of satellites around the Moon.
- Shaping the future of space telecommunicationson February 22, 2023 at 9:31 am
ESA is inviting everyone working on space-enabled telecommunications – whether they are based in a large firm, a small start-up company or an established research institution – to help shape the future by joining a conference.
- What is ESA’s Moonlight initiative?on November 9, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Video: 00:03:21 Going to the Moon was the first step. Staying there is the next ambition.ESA is a key partner in NASA’s Artemis programme, which aims to return people to the Moon by the end of the decade. Dozens of other international public and private missions are setting their sights […]
- ESA’s programme of Advanced Research in Telecommunications Systems (ARTES) 4.0on September 14, 2021 at 4:04 pm
Video: 00:04:01 Satellite communication underpins everyday life, enabling fundamental improvements not just in communication, but also in transport, healthcare, safety and security, environmental services and many other industries. ESA and its member states invest more than €500 million […]
- Timelapse of Eutelsat Quantum launchon September 2, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Video: 00:03:42 Experience the preparation and launch of telecommunications satellite Eutelsat Quantum by watching this unique timelapse video.Developed under an ESA Partnership Project with satellite operator Eutelsat and prime manufacturer Airbus, Eutelsat Quantum has pioneered a new […]
- Eutelsat Quantum: Europe’s reprogrammable satelliteon July 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Video: 00:04:12 Eutelsat Quantum was launched into a geostationary orbit on board an Ariane 5 from Kourou. This advanced telecommunications satellite is revolutionary as it offers its users the ability to reconfigure the satellite while in orbit. This offers a previously unknown degree of […]
- Lunch with the Moonon May 27, 2021 at 10:30 am
Video: 03:32:49 For the first time in more than three years, on 26 May 2021, a total lunar eclipse coincided with a supermoon. The ‘super blood moon’ was unfortunately only visible across Australia and parts of the US and East Asia. But ESA, in cooperation with the Australian science […]