NASA Marshall Space Flight Center News and Features News, Images, and Features from NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center
- Chandra Determines What Makes a Galaxy’s Wind Blowon March 29, 2023 at 1:59 pm
NGC 253 shows the effect of powerful winds being launched in opposite directions from the center of the galaxy. Although it is a spiral like our Milky Way galaxy, NGC 253 is forming stars at a higher rate. These young massive stars and their supernova explosions propel the winds that play an important role in the lifecycle of stars and the galaxy.
- Jacobs, CODE Plus Inc. Sign Mentor-Protégé Agreement at NASA Marshallon March 28, 2023 at 9:31 pm
Executives from NASA prime contractor Jacobs of Dallas, Texas, and CODE Plus Inc. of Fairfax, Virginia, took part in a NASA Mentor-Protégé Agreement signing ceremony on March 22 – promoting continued growth of the spaceflight industry and mission success for NASA in pursuit of its Artemis-era human spaceflight goals.
- NASA Rocket Engines Re-engineered, Production Restarted for Next Era of Explorationon March 28, 2023 at 6:21 pm
As NASA prepares for the first crewed Artemis missions to the Moon, agency propulsion and test teams are setting their sights on future Space Launch System (SLS) flights and working to improve one of the world’s most powerful and reliable rocket engines for missions beginning with Artemis V.
- NASA Missions Study What May Be a 1-In-10,000-Year Gamma-ray Burston March 28, 2023 at 6:00 pm
On Sunday, Oct. 9, 2022, a pulse of intense radiation swept through the solar system so exceptional that astronomers quickly dubbed it the BOAT – the brightest of all time. After spending months combing through the data, astronomers now better understand its scientific impact.
- Bringing NASA Technology into the Classroomon March 28, 2023 at 3:06 pm
Students at the University of Idaho are advancing NASA technology that could improve wildfire spotting and farmland monitoring.
- All 50 U.S. States Contribute to NASA’s Artemis Missionson March 27, 2023 at 3:43 pm
Every state in America is playing a role in returning humanity to the Moon through NASA’s Artemis missions.
- Working on Artemis IIon March 24, 2023 at 4:08 pm
A technician works on part of the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket’s core stage for Artemis II in this March 11, 2023, image.
- NASA Conducts Long Duration Hot Fire of RS-25 Certification Engineon March 21, 2023 at 6:30 pm
NASA conducted a long duration hot fire of an RS-25 certification engine March 21, continuing a key series of testing to support future Space Launch System (SLS) missions to deep space as part of Artemis missions as the agency continues to inspire the world through discovery.
- NASA Seeks Student Solutions for Managing Moon Landing Dust Cloudon March 21, 2023 at 4:51 pm
As NASA and industry partners develop new human landing systems to transport astronauts from lunar orbit to the Moon’s surface and back as part of Artemis, the agency is asking university students to investigate solutions to one particularly dusty aspect of landing spacecraft on the lunar surface.
- NASA Marshall to Host 35th Small Business Alliance Meeting March 23on March 21, 2023 at 1:21 pm
On Thursday, March 23, NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, will host the 35th Marshall Small Business Alliance Meeting.