NASA Marshall Space Flight Center News and Features News, Images, and Features from NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center
- NASA Sets Coverage of Orion’s Historic Moon Mission Return, Splashdownon December 2, 2022 at 9:07 pm
NASA will provide live coverage of the Artemis I uncrewed Orion spacecraft’s return flyby of the Moon on Monday, Dec. 5, as well as its return to Earth on Sunday, Dec. 11.
- NASA Awards Environmental Compliance, Restoration Services Contracton December 1, 2022 at 8:47 pm
NASA has awarded the Architect-Engineer Services Contract for Environmental Compliance and Restoration Services to Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. of Dallas, to provide environmental compliance, monitoring, and remediation services at the Santa Susana Field Laboratory (SSFL) located in Ventura County, California.
- Initial Assessment Shows Excellent Performance for Artemis Moon Rocketon November 30, 2022 at 4:13 pm
The Space Launch System (SLS) rocket performed with precision, meeting or exceeding all expectations during its debut launch on Artemis I.
- Astronomers See Stellar Self-Control in Actionon November 29, 2022 at 3:00 pm
A new study shows how some stars can demonstrate “self-control” when forming in groups.
- NASA, ICON Advance Lunar Construction Technology for Moon Missionson November 29, 2022 at 1:45 pm
As NASA plans for long-term human exploration of the Moon under Artemis, new technologies are required to meet the unique challenges of living and working on another world.
- NASA to Share Artemis I Update with Orion at Farthest Point from Earthon November 25, 2022 at 10:08 pm
NASA will host a news conference at 5 p.m. EST Monday, Nov. 28, from the agency’s Johnson Space Center in Houston to discuss the status of the uncrewed Artemis I flight test as the Orion spacecraft reaches the mid-point of its Moon mission and its farthest distance from Earth at nearly 270,000 miles away.
- ‘Listen’ to the Light Echoes From a Black Holeon November 23, 2022 at 5:28 pm
A new sonification turns X-ray data of “light echoes” captured by NASA’s Chandra and Swift X-ray observatories into sound.
- NASA’s IXPE Helps Solve Black Hole Jet Mysteryon November 23, 2022 at 4:02 pm
NASA’s IXPE Helps Solve Black Hole Jet Mystery
- NASA Awards Contract for NASA Financial Support Serviceson November 21, 2022 at 8:33 pm
NASA has awarded the NASA Financial Support Services (NFSS) contract to MM Technologies LLC (MMT) of Huntsville, Alabama, to provide financial support and related services…
- LOFTID Inflatable Heat Shield Test A Success, Early Results Showon November 17, 2022 at 5:03 pm
LOFTID Inflatable Heat Shield Test A Success, Early Results Show