Kepler News and Features Kepler News and Features RSS
- New Deep Learning Method Adds 301 Planets to Kepler’s Total Counton November 23, 2021 at 1:36 am
Scientists recently added a whopping 301 newly confirmed exoplanets to the total exoplanet tally.
- NASA’s TESS Tunes into an All-sky ‘Symphony’ of Red Giant Starson August 4, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Using NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, astronomers have identified a vast collection of pulsating red giant stars that will help us explore our galactic neighborhood.
- Planetary Sleuthing Finds Triple-Star Worldon January 11, 2021 at 6:40 pm
Years after its detection, astronomers have confirmed a planet called KOI-5Ab orbiting in a triple-star system with a skewed configuration.
- About Half of Sun-Like Stars Could Host Rocky, Potentially Habitable Planetson October 29, 2020 at 11:00 am
According to new research using data from NASA’s retired planet-hunting mission, the Kepler space telescope, about half the stars similar in temperature to our Sun could have a rocky planet capable of supporting liquid water on its surface.
- NASA Awards SETI Institute Contract for Planetary Protection Supporton July 10, 2020 at 4:04 pm
NASA has awarded the SETI Institute in Mountain View, California, a contract to support all phases of current and future planetary protection missions to ensure compliance with planetary protection standards.
- Gravity Assist: Puffy Planets, Powerful Telescopes, with Knicole Colonon June 12, 2020 at 1:01 pm
NASA astrophysicist Knicole Colon describes her work on the Kepler, Hubble, TESS and Webb missions, and takes us on a tour of some of her favorite planets.
- Imagining Another Earthon May 28, 2020 at 2:27 pm
This artist’s concept shows exoplanet Kepler-1649c orbiting around its host red dwarf star.
- NASA’s TESS Enables Breakthrough Study of Perplexing Stellar Pulsationson May 13, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Astronomers have detected elusive pulsation patterns in dozens of young, rapidly rotating stars thanks to data from NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS).
- AAS Names 29 NASA-Affiliated Legacy Fellowson April 30, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Twenty-nine scientists working at or affiliated with NASA have been named Fellows of the American Astronomical Society (AAS), the major organization of professional astronomers in North America.
- Kepler-1649c: Earth-Size, Habitable Zone Planet Hides in Plain Sighton April 16, 2020 at 6:13 am
This artist’s illustration shows what Kepler-1649c could look like from its surface.