NASA Glenn Research Center Latest Features Glenn Latest Features RSS
- NASA Looks for a New Twist on Sustainable Aviationon November 22, 2022 at 12:44 pm
NASA and The Boeing Co. have partnered to look at how using torque from that twisting can lower or raise a part that currently doesn’t move, namely an airplane’s vortex generators (VG) – small, flat pieces of metal most often seen protruding like fins from the surface of an airplane’s wing.
- New NASA Aircraft Helps Researchers Evaluate Technologies for Urban Transport Systemson November 21, 2022 at 3:30 pm
A Pilatus PC-12 aircraft, newly acquired by NASA Glenn Research Center, will take on a key role in the agency’s investigation of how to manage the emerging advanced air mobility ecosystem.
- Jet Engine Installed on NASA’s X-59on November 14, 2022 at 3:42 pm
NASA’s quiet supersonic X-59 now has the engine that will power it in flight.
- NASA, Industry Advance Jet Engines and Sustainable Fuel Compatibilityon November 10, 2022 at 2:00 pm
NASA is embarking on a new element of its aeronautics research to revolutionize air travel and help combat climate change using efficient jet engines and sustainable fuel.
- NASA Superstars Recognized for Contributions to Aeronauticson October 27, 2022 at 1:00 pm
NASA hosted an event in the 1990s to remind the public that the agency consists of a diverse group of talented people who are advancing aeronautics every day.
- NASA MIRO Program Provides STEM Career Pathon October 25, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Dionne Hernandez-Lugo always wanted to work for NASA, but did not know how to get started on her career path.
- NASA Launches Power to Explore Challenge for K-12 Studentson October 12, 2022 at 1:00 pm
NASA launches its second Power to Explore Challenge, a national competition for K-12 students that inspires learning about how radioisotope power systems help us explore the extremes of our solar system.
- NASA’s Solid-State Battery Research Exceeds Initial Goals, Draws Intereston October 7, 2022 at 10:51 am
NASA researchers are making progress with developing an innovative battery pack that is lighter, safer, and performs better than batteries commonly used in vehicles and large electronics today.
- Former Astronaut Haise Supported Early Microgravity Studies at Glennon September 22, 2022 at 5:22 pm
: Before becoming an Apollo astronaut, Fred Haise was a research pilot at NASA Glenn working on early research studies about how fluids behave in microgravity, which continues today.
- NASA Glenn Celebrates Newest Members of its Hall of Fameon September 14, 2022 at 12:18 pm
NASA Glenn inducted 10 members into its Hall of Fame. This class was chosen in 2021, but due to the pandemic the ceremony was delayed until today.