Science and Tech
ESA Top News ESA Top News
- First view of OSIRIS-REx returning with asteroid sampleon September 21, 2023 at 7:20 am
Image: Is it a spacecraft? An asteroid? Well, both. This small central speck is the first image of a spacecraft on its way home, carrying with it a sample from an asteroid hundreds-of-millions, if-not-billions-of-years old. The spacecraft is NASA’s OSIRIS-REx, the asteroid is Bennu.On Sunday […]
- Firefoxes and whale spouts light up Earth’s shieldon September 20, 2023 at 12:36 pm
Video: 00:00:56 Did you know, the Northern lights or Aurora Borealis are created when the mythical Finnish ‘Firefox’ runs so quickly across the snow that its tail causes sparks to fly into the night sky? At least, that’s one of the stories that has been told in Finland about this […]
- ESA Open Day in the framework of European Researchers’ Nighton September 20, 2023 at 7:17 am
ESA will open its doors to members of the public at its Earth Observation centre in Frascati, near Rome, Italy, on 29 September, as part of its annual open day.
- Trio of Sentinel satellites map methane super-emitterson September 20, 2023 at 7:00 am
In the quest to address climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, detecting methane leaks – a potent contributor to global warming – has become increasingly vital. Researchers are harnessing the capabilities of cutting-edge satellite technology to monitor these leaks from space.
- Juice: why’s it taking sooo longon September 19, 2023 at 1:30 pm
- Moon crew visits European powerhouseon September 19, 2023 at 10:00 am
Image: From left: the Artemis II astronauts, Christina Koch, Jeremy Hansen, Victor Glover, and Reid Wiseman, visited the European Service Module (ESM) assembly hall at Airbus in Bremen, Germany, last week.
- SpaceTeamEurope, all united to launch Ariane 6on September 18, 2023 at 11:00 am
Video: 00:09:37 The successful last Ariane 6 launch system combined tests HFT-3, at the German Aerospace Center in Lampoldshausen; and CTLO1-C, at Europe’s Spaceport in French Guiana, show the strength of European industrial and institutional collaboration. The “Space Team Europe” […]
- Huginn – piloting the Dragonon August 17, 2023 at 3:24 pm
Huginn – piloting the Dragon Huginn
- Space awaits you! More ESA vacancies open for applicationson June 13, 2023 at 8:17 am
In March, we announced that 2023 would see the publication of over 300 vacancies at ESA. New vacancies keep being published as we continue our search for talented and motivated professionals to join our teams across Europe and support our mission of the peaceful exploration of space for the benefit […]