Earth News A RSS news feed containing the latest NASA press releases on Earth-observing missions.
- NASA Awards Launch Services Task Order for TROPICS CubeSats Missionon November 23, 2022 at 1:35 pm
NASA has selected Rocket Lab USA Inc. of Long Beach, California, to provide the launch service for the agency’s Time-Resolved Observations of Precipitation Structure and Storm Intensity with a Constellation of Smallsats (TROPICS) mission, as part of the agency’s Venture-class Acquisition of Dedicated and Rideshare (VADR) launch services contract.
- NASA Awards Extension for Space, Earth Science Data Analysis Contracton November 18, 2022 at 7:30 pm
NASA has awarded a six-month extension to ADNET Systems Inc. of Bethesda, Maryland, for the Space and Earth Science Data Analysis (SESDA IV) contract.
- NASA Awards Commercial Small Satellite Data Acquisition Agreementon November 14, 2022 at 8:15 pm
NASA has selected GeoOptics Inc. of Pasadena, California, to provide commercial small constellation satellite data products that may augment NASA-collected data in the future.
- NASA, ULA Successfully Launch Weather Satellite, Re-entry Tech Demoon November 11, 2022 at 12:28 am
NASA successfully launched the third in a series of polar-orbiting weather satellites for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) at 1:49 a.m. PST Thursday, as well as an agency technology demonstration on a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.
- NASA to Brief Media on First Earth Water-Monitoring Satellite Missionon November 10, 2022 at 7:22 pm
NASA will host a virtual media briefing at 10:30 a.m. EST (7:30 a.m. PST) Nov. 14, at the agency’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California, to discuss the upcoming launch of the Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) satellite.
- NASA Updates Coverage of JPSS-2 Weather Satellite, LOFTID Tech Demoon November 7, 2022 at 10:23 pm
NASA will provide coverage of the upcoming prelaunch and launch activities for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA’s) Joint Polar Satellite System-2 (JPSS-2) mission and NASA’s Low-Earth Orbit Flight Test of an Inflatable Decelerator (LOFTID) technology demonstration.
- NASA, USAID Partnership Strengthens Global Developmenton November 4, 2022 at 8:08 pm
NASA and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) signed an agreement Friday strengthening the collaboration between the two agencies, including efforts that advance the federal response to climate change.
- NASA Leaders to Participate in Annual Global Climate Conferenceon November 4, 2022 at 6:52 pm
NASA will participate in the 27th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP27) in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, which begins Sunday, Nov. 6, and runs through Friday, Nov. 18. The COP27 summit brings together countries from around the world to increase ambition by implementing existing goals and strengthening commitments to solutions th
- NASA Coverage Set for NOAA’s Joint Polar Satellite System-2 Launchon October 21, 2022 at 9:31 pm
NASA will provide coverage of the upcoming prelaunch and launch activities for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Joint Polar Satellite System-2 (JPSS-2) mission. JPSS-2 is the third satellite in the polar satellite series and is expected to capture data to improve weather forecasts, helping scientists predict and prepare
- NASA Invites Media to Launch of Water-Monitoring Satelliteon October 13, 2022 at 9:19 pm
Media accreditation is now open for the upcoming launch of the Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) satellite, a pathfinder mission about Earth’s water that will use new technology to address climate change and its impact on our environment.